Born in New York City's Little Italy
in the early 80s, The Arcitype's love for music began at the young age
of five when his father enrolled him in music school and surrounded him
with different Instruments. Moving from New York to the rural and
isolated Western Massachusetts, The Arcitype continued his musical
education and began playing Classical piano. Influenced by his guitar
rocker uncle, he engendered a strong love for the blues, and began
picking licks on the old beat-up Fender Strat his uncle gave him.
the lead guitarist with Blues/Funk group Tip Top Deluxe, The Arcitype
played shows to packed houses. Touring the New England Tri-State area,
Tip Top Deluxe headlined shows at various clubs, bars and festivals from
1998-2000. When the group split in 2000, The Arcitype moved onto a solo
career in Acoustic Rock and Blues. The need for demos spurred his
interest in the recording process, and led him to set up a home studio.
2002, The Arcitype had branched out into Hip Hop, seeing it as the
modern day interpretation of the traditional Blues he loves. Utilizing
his diverse musical background, The Arcitype began creating Hip Hop
Leaving the Berkshires for Boston, The Arcitype pursued a
degree in Audio Production and Music at Emerson College. It was during
this time that he began to establish himself in the Boston Hip Hop
scene, forming relationships with the city's best emcees, other
producers and various promoters.
In the spring of 2008, The Arcitype formed his own label, AR Classic Records, to have a home for the projects he was working on. Later that same year, The Arcitype opened his own studio, The Bridge Sound & Stage with business partner (and former Emerson professor) Owen Curtin, and has since built the studio's reputation into one of the premier studios and the Hip Hop epicenter of Boston.
The Arcitype's production credits include:
AR Classic Records
Ca$his (Shady Records)
Duck Down Records
GLC The Ism
Jaysaun (Special Teamz)
John Robinson (Lil Sci of Scienz of Life)
Kool G Rap
R.A. The Rugged Man
Steele (of Smif N Wessun & Boot Camp Clik)
Tek (of Smif N Wessun & Boot Camp Clik)
XL (of The Kreators)
& Many More.
The Arcitype's production has been featured in:
- Hand-selected by producers, Jake One and Vitamin D to compete in Red Bull's Big Tune Beat Battle in Philadelphia, May 2010.
- Rotation on SiriusXM's Shade45 and Hip Hop Nation channels.
- Featured on Redbull.com, TheSource.com, AllHipHop.com, NahRight.com, 2dopeboyz.com, CrateKings.com, HipHopDX.com, XXLmag.com, MTV.com, CollegeHumor.com and many more reputable blogs.
- Numerous ESPN specials including "Depth Chart: Arkansas Razorbacks" National Special, ESPN's national coverage of Miami Heat's season home debut Oct, 2010 and ESPN's national promo for the coverage of the 2010 Men's NCAA Basketball season.
- Numerous national TV placements including VH1's Tough Love, Bravo's Shahs on Sunset, MTV series' MADE, Catfish, The World of Jenks, 10 On Top, When I Was 17, & more
- Shapemix iPad & iPhone Music Remixing App
- Youtube's Featured Video.
his studio, The Bridge Sound & Stage, stationed in Cambridge MA as
his headquarters, The Arcitype continues to work with artists throughout
the US and abroad. His is currently a signed producer with the legendary Duck Down Music label and has proved himself to be one of Hip Hop's strongest up
and coming producers, and it's only the beginning.
Music Production, Beat Production, Sound Engineering and Artist Development.